Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] Would there be virtio-audio spec in future for clean audio interface

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 02:13:51PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 24/03/19 05:51, vlse wrote:
> > Would there be virtio-audio spec in future for clean audio interface?
> >
> > Projectacrn.github.io provides one virtio-audio interface for automotive sytems.
>
> That's interesting to know.  It would probably be up to projectacrn to
> submit virtio-audio to the committee, or at least reserve the device
> number. Do you have a contact at projectacrn that can help with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paolo

Hi,

No I don't have a contact with Project ACRN.

ACRN is a Linux Foundation Project. Initially it was by Intel.
It is a hypervisor for embedded devices.
Website is https://projectacrn.org/.

Their supported virtio-audio details:
 Vendor ID: 0x8086
 Device ID: 0x8603
 Subvendor ID: 0x8086
 Subdevice ID: 0xFFFD

Another implementation from another developer from Intel.
Website: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/174013/
Author: Luo Xionghu <xionghu.luo@intel.com>

Comments by Author: this patch only add audio device pci registration.
                    need add audio part to call audio Backend driver later.

Regards,
Veera