Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] Dirty Page Tracking (DPT)

The sentence below refers to emulated device DMA.

When emulated devices inside QEMU perform DMA goes through functions
that keep the dirty page bitmap up to date.  Likewise for CPU emulation
performed by QEMU, which is not an issue if you are using KVM or other
hypervisors supported by QEMU.

Whenever external code touches memory (which includes all the cases
mentioned by Jason), it has to provide an interface for QEMU to read the
dirty page bitmaps and synchronize them at appropriate points.

Paolo