Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] Re: [Virtio-networking] Doorbell mapping of vDPA

On 2020/4/17 äå7:00, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
Two more questions.

1) If the doorbell of control vq shares 64K pages with other doorbell, then
we can't intercept the control vq doorbell by software.
And if hardware requires doorbell e.g. at offset 0x10 in the page,
we can't migrate to a device which needs it at offset 0x0.

We can fallback to eventfd based relay in this case, but it looks more complicated.

So it's probably more realistic to support the page-per-vq model as the first step.

Thanks