Subject: Re: VIRTIO RPMB Front End drivers for Linux

Winkler, Tomas <tomas.winkler@intel.com> writes:

> Hi, yes the OASIS spec is based around this ACRN solution. We are still planning on another Linux kernel submission effort, actually in the next release cycle.
> The capability message which is not implemented in the virtio solution is due to NVMe support, which didn't make into OASIS spec.
> There is an rpmb tool under tools/rpmb of the Linux kernel, also AOS guest on ACRN uses this interface, there should be doc under Documentation/driver-api/rpmb/.

Thanks for the pointers they are really helpful.

> I'm not sure how updated is ACRN public tree, but I'll post
> https://github.com/tomasbw/linux-mei rpmb branch, I hope in a week or
> two.

Thanks. Looking at the ACRN tree when their base rpmb commit (01abd0e5)
as added on a 5.4 based machine. The commits have V10 references bellow
the --- which implies some changes from your series against v4.14-rc5.

I've cherry-picked the initial ones out of the ACRN tree and they seemed
to re-base onto v5.6.7 reasonably enough (untested branch):

  https://git.linaro.org/people/alex.bennee/linux.git/log/?h=review/rpmb

There are a bunch more commits touching that in the ACRN tree but
hopefully this will give me a minimum testing set without having
everything else that's in there.

It does make me wonder if any of these patches are on an upstream path
or are they likely to live in 3rd party trees forever?

--
Alex BennÃe