Subject: Virtio TC Meeting Minutes: Sept 10, 2013

1. Opening and minuting rotation selection.

MST will take minutes this time around.

2. Roll call.

Everyone requested to record attendance on the web:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/virtio/
Login, then click the correct meeting from the "Upcoming Events"
list on the right, then click "Record my attendance".

3. Review of previous minutes.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio/201308/msg00111.html

(Correction here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio/201308/msg00120.html)

Rusty: Accept?
Seconded - Pawel.

4. Review of subversion minor commits.

https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/virtio/?op=log&rev=0&sc=0&isdir=1 (r16 through r28 inclusive)

Rusty: Accept?
Seconded - Pawel.

5. Review of outstating bug tracker proposals.

https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/VIRTIO-4

The issues around
	virtio-blk spec: writeback cache enable improvements
are somewhat complex.
Needs to be discussed on the mailing list.

Rusty wants to remove SCSI passthrough support in
virtio blk.
Will be discussed on next meeting.

This issue was not put up for voting.

https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/VIRTIO-7

Rusty: Accept proposed change?
Seconded - Pawel.

https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/VIRTIO-26

Rusty: Accept proposed change?
Seconded - Pawel.

6. Any other business.

Cornelia: virtio-ccw - can it be included in spec?
Rusty - sure just post a patch.

Rusty sumarized some of the mailing list discussions.
Rusty: ATM there are ongoing discussions on endian-ness.
Proposal: if we can't make everything LE, make it per transport.
MST: everything per-transport? Or just the ring?
Rusty: only ring is data-path, need to be careful wrt performance there.
Cornelia: Config space - should be OK for it to be little endian
(conditional on spec 1.0 compliance feature bit being acknowledged,
naturally).
Rusty is working on an lguest prototype for BE.

7. Confirmation of meeting schedule.

Next meeting in two weeks time.

8. Adjourn