Subject: Re: [virtio] Third try (!?) Starter Document for Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO) Version 1.0

OK, I started looking at how we'll maintain this in SVN.
.ODT files are zipped archives of XML files so
SVN does not handle them as well as text files.

So one option is to have a makefile to
unpack and re-pack this. I attach a version that
works for me, if we decide to go for it.

Another option is to switch to "flat XML" format which
puts all information in a single file but
unzipped:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=12494&sid=6904fd78ca8409766d28ac1f5c908e64
One downside is things like styles can easily change
uninitentionally, so we'll likely have trouble merging.

First option seems to better separate content from formatting,
and results in smaller file downloads for users,
but the second one is slightly easier to use.

Paul, could you please comment on whether FODT variant
is allowed by OASIS?

--
MST
help:

unpack:
	unzip -o virtio-v1.0-wd01.odt | grep -v -e '^Archive:' -e 'layout-cache'|sed -n 's/.*: //p' > list.txt

pack:
	if \
		test -e virtio-v1.0-wd01.odt; \
	then \
		mv -f virtio-v1.0-wd01.odt virtio-v1.0-wd01.bak.odt; \
	fi
	zip virtio-v1.0-wd01.odt `cat list.txt`

.PHONY: help unpack pack
.DELETE_ON_ERROR: