Subject: Re: [virtio] Starter Document in Latex format (was Re: [virtio] Starter Document for Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO)) Version 1.0

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 02:09:14PM +0100, Cornelia Huck wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:58:36 +0100
> Cornelia Huck <cornelia.huck@de.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:21:55 +0200

> > > Didn't get a response yet so I went ahead and committed it.
> > > I also started converting the spec text to this format.
> > > The initial conversion was done using a perl script.
> > > I added that to subversion too in case people are curious
> > > or in case we need to re-do the conversion.
> >
> > Builds on my Precise system.
> >
> > Some things I noticed at a first glance:
> >
> > - We'll need to convert the remaining ascii tables to proper tables.

Yes. There are only 9 of these and already marked
explicitly using verbatim so not a big deal to do manually.

> > - Index starts with '1 Introduction'; you can't get to the start of the
> >   document via the index.

Same's true for the template that we were sent.

> > - There are a lot of field names, defines, etc. inline, which probably
> >   need some kind of visual differentiation (\verbatim{}?) How is this
>
> s/verbatim/texttt/
>
> At least that's what I've used in similar documents.

\emph is also common
It might be nice to make them links to the field definition too.

> >   handled in other standards?

I think it's not a must.
virtio spec 0.9.5 made them inline initially.