Subject: Re: [virtio] Starter Document in Latex format (was Re: [virtio] Starter Document for Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO)) Version 1.0

Sorry all - catching up on this thread now...

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org> wrote:
I'll look over the doc in a bit...

Regarding acknowledgments, most TCs list all members, rather than trying to figure out who "contributed"...  any member can ask to be listed or excluded, as well.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:22:19AM -0500, Paul Knight wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm glad to see that the TC has settled on using LaTeX to produce the Virtio
> specification.
>
> The HTML and PDF versions look like they are on the right track, but will need
> to have a number of adjustments to match the publication formats used for OASIS
> Work Products (as opposed to the "working draft" formats, which omit several
> elements which are pretty tricky).
>
> Since (by using LaTeX) you will be handling every aspect of producing the PDF
> and HTML files, you'll need a complete example of the expected front pages.
>  That is in the attached ZIP file.
>
> Assuming you want to have a formal Public Review when you publish the first
> Committee Specification Draft, you will actually need to produce TWO parallel
> sets of files:
> - Committee Specification Draft 01 (csd01)
> - Committee Specification Public Review Draft 01 (csprd01)
>
> In the attached ZIP file, I've included examples of the expected publishable
> csd01 front pages (in HTML, PDF, and source DOC formats), the publishable
> csprd01 front pages (DOC only), and our internal checklist of changes from
> csd01 to csprd01.
>
> You'll need to follow these front page formats exactly as you prepare the
> documents for publication.
> Chet and I are very happy to review your planned materials before you submit
> them.  Our experience has been that it takes a few iterations to get everything
> completely ready, especially for the first (csd01/csprd01) publication.
>
> Best regards,
> Paul

OK here's a draft csd for starters, will do csprd01 draft when we are
happy with the csd.

We still need to fill in the following gaps (for both):

 - fill in conformance section. Need help from others on this one
 - fix MUST/SHOULD etc to must/should for consistency
 - fill in acknowledgements for non-editors who contributed
 - update procedure on allocating device ids

Need feedback from others on this.

Paul - anything else that's a must that I missed for CSD?

Thanks!

--
MST

--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-861-1013
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393