Subject: Re: [virtio] Re: virtio Document in Latex format: todo items

You can do that. Other TCs have done so. Do me a favor and number the paragraph - keeps it in line with the letter of the law.

The conformance clause section does give TCs a place to really hammer out a consolidated statement of what elements constitute conformance plus I think it can have implications for the IPR obligations. So I think it is worth putting some effort into - but certainly for a first PR you can start with something as simple as that.

/chet

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 08:56:21AM -0500, Chet Ensign wrote:
> Rusty, Michael et al,
>
> Here is a link to a document written by the OASIS TAB that gives guidelines on
> writing conformance clauses.
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html
>
> I suggest taking a look at that to help identify how best to structure the
> section. Also, we can probably get on the phone with Jacques or Patrick (the
> authors) to give you some suggestions. For a very thorough excellent example, I
> suggest looking at how KMIP organized conformance clauses in their profiles
> document.
>
> best,
>
> /chet

I seems that it's possible (though maybe not recommended)
to merely say in the conformance section:

An implementation conforms to this specification if it satisfies all of
the MUST or REQUIRED level requirements defined within this
specification.

The implication being that reader should just
look for MUST and REQUIRED in the spec.

We can do better but this short statement might be enough
for CSD?