Subject: Re: [virtio] csd01 and csprd01

Michael, Rusty, Cornelia, Pawel -

Thanks for putting this together so that we could give you feedback. Overall it looks excellent and these are mainly minor changes. The first ones in the content should be made before you approve the working draft. Then the second and third sections spell out updates to make to create the Committee Specification Draft and the Committee Specification Public Review Draft versions of the spec.

1) In the content itself:

  -- In Appendix A. Acknowledgements, add the TC members. The section must be populated before the TC approves the WD.

  -- If you have no Non-Normative References then remove the empty section 1.3.

  -- Any place in the content that you link to urls on docs.oasis-open.org/... you will need to update them with the same changes as specified below. So, for example, section 7 virtio_ring.h includes a link to http://docs.oasis-open.org/virtio/virtio/1.0/wd01/listings/virtio_ring.h. You will want to change that to http://docs.oasis-open.org/virtio/virtio/v1.0/csd01/listings/virtio_ring.h. for the Committee Spec Draft copy and http://docs.oasis-open.org/virtio/virtio/v1.0/csprd01/listings/virtio_ring.h. for the Committee Spec Draft / Public Review Draft version.

  -- We recommend numbering footnotes sequentially from start to finish to avoid problems with the HTML footnotes.

     Also, we note that in the HTML version supplied, there were not foot notes, even though they appear in the PDF version.

  -- In the HTML document, the cover page links should be the same as the PDF. The current review draft has different Specification URIs on the cover page than does the PDF -- and the PDF ones are in the correct form.

  -- If possible, in the PDF, align the left margins. That is, align "This version:" etc. with "Specification URIs". Not aligned now.

  -- In the HTML, the rule (horizontal line) is not present above the Appendix section titles. Please add that.

2) After the TC votes to approve the WD as a CSD:

  -- Change "Working Draft" to "Committee Specification Draft 01"

  -- Change the date "05 Nov 2013" to the date the TC voted to approve and spell out the full month. E.g. "03 December 2013"

  -- In the URIs change "wd01" to "csd01". Also, change "/1.0/" to "/v1.0/". Don't miss changing it in the link as well as in the visible text. So, for example, "http://docs.oasis-open.org/virtio/virtio/1.0/wd01/virtio-v1.0-wd01.pdf (Authoritative)" gets changed to "http://docs.oasis-open.org/virtio/virtio/v1.0/csd01/virtio-v1.0-csd01.pdf (Authoritative)".

  -- Also make these URI updates to the links under "Additional artifacts" and "Citation format".

  -- Under "Additional artifacts", change the word "which" to "that".

  -- In the footer, also change the date from "05 Nov" to the approval date with the month fully spelled out.

  -- Under "Status", the first sentence should change from "… or approved by the members of OASIS…" to "… or approved by the Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO) TC…"

  -- Under "Citation format", the date should change to the approval date, e.g. "03 December 2013." "OASIS Standard" should change to "OASIS Committee Specification Draft 01." and the link should be changed from "wd01" to "csd01."

3) To create the public review version from the  CSD:

  -- Add a "/" after "Committee Specification Draft 01" then a soft return and then, aligned under "Committee Spec…" put "Public Review Draft 01". For an example, see http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v2.40/csprd01/pkcs11-curr-v2.40-csprd01.html

  -- If the TC approves the public review at a different meeting than the approval of the Committee Specification, then change the approval date to that date.

  -- In all the URIs, change "csd01" to "csprd01".

  -- On the footer on the PDF, change the "csd01" in the filename to "csprd01"

  -- In the Citation format, change "Committee Specification Draft 01" to "Committee Specification Draft 01 / Public Review Draft 01".

I think that covers it. Let me know if you have any questions on any of this.

/chet

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Rusty Russell <rusty@au1.ibm.com> wrote:
"Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 11:54:30PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>> Chet, Paul,
>> Attached please find packaged csd01 and csprd01.
>> PDF, HTML and extra files (tex source and listings) are included.
>> The source in pushed on SVN.
>> I hope I've addressed all the issues you have pointed out.
>>
>> If possible, please review and respond on this Monday so we have
>> time to fix remaining issues before our call this Tuesday:
>> we would like to vote on both CSD and CSPRD and starting
>> the public review period.
>>
>> Thanks!
>

> Here are the attachments.

Updated with a little more polish, as discussed on mailing lists.

We'd still do well to tighten the language in the bus-specific and
device-specific sections, but this is sufficient for draft 1 I feel.

Cheers,
Rusty.

--

/chet