Subject: Re: Touch-ups needed for the virtio csd01 and csprd01 file "front matter"

Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org> writes:
> Hi Rusty and all,
>
> I've just taken a good look at the virtio files for publication, and they
> will need a few additional modifications to the front pages.
>
> Although the TC Process does not allow changes to the document content
> after approval, the front pages (down through the table of contents) may be
> modified without any need for the TC to re-approve anything.
>
> I'm attaching a ZIP file containing examples of the front pages for both
> the Committee Specification Draft 01 (csd01) and the Public Review Draft 01
> (csprd01) EXACTLY as they should appear, and I'll list the needed changes
> below.
>
> We should be ready to publish the files and begin the Public Review quickly
> after we receive the updated files. They should be sent to me and Chet.
>
> Changes needed to the csd01 files:
> - Subtitle needs to include the csd number "01", so it will be Committee
> Specification Draft 01

Done.

> - Citation format needs to include the csd number "01", and also the word
> "OASIS" before - so it will be OASIS Committee Specification Draft 01.

Done.

> - It also needs a period after the "01", and also at the end, after the URI.

Done.

> Please see the attached example, and follow it exactly.

In addition, I added a horizontal rule above the Notices section in the
html, as your example had.

> Changes needed to the csprd01 files:
> - Subtitle needs to be:  (on two lines)
> Committee Specification Draft 01 /
> Public Review Draft 01

Done.

> - Date needs to be 03 December 2013 - in three places - subtitle, citation
> format, and footers (it now says 04 December)

Damn, that's entirely my fault; I updated the respitory and
regenerated.  Fixed.

> - Citation format needs to show "OASIS Committee Specification Draft 01 /
> Public Review Draft 01".  It also needs a period after the (second) "01",
> and also at the end, after the URI.
> Again, please see the attached examples.

Yep, fixed too.

These fixes have all been committed to the repository, so hopefully the
next time we generate a draft it will be flawless.

Attached below.

> Finally, there is an issue which I don't think we can address for
> csd01/csprd01 (without re-approval by the TC), but which I very much hope
> can be addressed in future publications:
> - The 18 footnotes each appear as individual HTML files, leading to a
> terrible clutter in the publication directory. We'd like to see if they can
> either be included in the main HTML file (typically at the end of the file)
> or if this can't be arranged, then in a "footnotes" subdirectory.

Hmm, I'll have to dig deeper to see if I can do that.

> Although Chet is on vacation now, I'll also check with him to see if we (TC
> Administration) can apply the "subdirectory" fix to these files during
> publication.  It may qualify as an allowable style modification.

Thanks,
Rusty.