Subject: Re: [virtio] We need fixes to the csd and csprd before we can load them

Thanks Michael - this will do ok. Thanks for cleaning it up and putting it together.

What other TCs have been doing is list the reporter in the Environment field when they transcribe the issue. That way they can capture reporters who are not in OASIS.

I hadn't noticed that you can't update the version affected - but it was that way before. Not sure why & I'll see if it is something we can configure.

Again, thanks -

/chet

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 02:48:32PM -0400, Chet Ensign wrote:
> Hi Michael -
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>     OK I have made the changes and uploaded the full zip files:
>     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/virtio/download.php/52588/
>     virtio-v1.0-csd02.zip
>     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/virtio/download.php/52589/
>     virtio-v1.0-csprd02.zip
>

> Thanks - I'll look at them today and get back on track with them.
>

>     Since these are minor technicalities, I assume that the rules
>     do not require us to re-do the voting because of these
>     changes.
>
>     Please let me know otherwise.
>

> Nope - these are changes you are making at my direction. Acting as asst. TC
> Admin so to speak so no need for TC action on them at all.
>

>     For draft 2 we are staying with tex as authoritative.
>     In the new zip file there's now a README.txt file that
>     gives some guidance on reading tex.
>

> Ok - I'll take a look. I'm sure that's ok.
>

>     As was discussed, all specification is open to review
>     and this is intentional.
>     We'll discuss extending the review period once it starts.
>

> Ok, that'll wok.
>

>     > 3) We need a comment resolution log from the TC for comments received in
>     > csprd01
>     >
>     > Thanks - if you can send me those files when they are ready, I'll update
>     the
>     > ticket and we will continue to process the spec.
>     >
>     > Thanks & best,
>     >
>     > /chet
>
>     OK here's a list with SVN commit numbers, dates, editors
>     and change summary for each.
>     Pls let me know if this is what's needed.
>     I can also produce this in some other format if you wish (csv?).
>

> Here is what I need. I need a template like this filled out with the record of
> comments and decisions -> https://www.oasis-open.org/sites/www.oasis-open.org/
> files/Simple-charter-comment-log-template.xls
>
> Here is an example of one done for OData -> http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/
> odata/v4.0/csprd01/odata-v4.0-csprd01-CommentResolutionLog.xls
>
> If you have all the comments in JIRA then you should be able to export the
> issues from there, clean them up a bit and have the log. The key here is the
> record of the comment tied to how the TC determined to handle it.
>
> I can show you how the JIRA export works under the new UI if you want. It took
> me a few minutes of poking to locate it.
>
> Best,
>
> /chet

OK I had to do a lot of cleanup and filing work on Jira to make sure
everything is there and more or less in shape.

Attached is the result (full export generated some bugs,
had to work around them manually).
It's unfortunate that there's no where to record
the reporter if said reporter does not have
an account with oasis?

So reporters aren't listed :(

Also, there's no way to fix version affected after issue
has been created? That's annoying as people did not fill
this in historically.

Anyway - I did my best, hope this is enough.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393