Subject: Re: towards draft 3 / virtio 1.0

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 04:55:48PM +0930, Rusty Russell wrote:
> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com> writes:
> > OK I'm assuming we'll finalize draft 3 next week,
> > here's a list of things I think we should do
> > differently from draft 2 - listing here so we don't forget.
> >

> > 1. Include list of changes/issues addressed - I think
> >    we can import from Jira
>
> Agreed, thanks.
>
> > 2. Acknowledge contributions from non TC members
>
> Definitely.
>
> > 3. Create a revision with highlighted changes since draft 2
> > 	change bars seem too hard, requires more low level
> > 	xetex knowledge than I have.
> > 	Simplest fix is to insert tags to color new text specially, for
> > 	bonus points - add old text crossed-out.
>
> Yes, I'm currently thinking we provide a marked-up PDF version with
> cross-outs for the changes.
>
> > We also need to go over issues in Jira, make sure
> > environment is set to mention the commenter's address,
> > and "fixed in version" field is set to draft 3.
> > If there are issues we closed without fixing, need
> > to find them in some way.
> > We don't reject too much so can be done manually for now,
> > but maybe we should start filling in "fixed in version" field
> > for rejected issues too. Can we do this?
>
> Yes, we should.
>
> > If we set fixed in version everywhere correctly,
> > Chet will be able to get the list of addressed issues
> > from jira automatically, which is good.
>
> Indeed.
>
> Which of these do you want me to do?
>
> Cheers,
> Rusty.

I started on 3, but got stuck: once we spread
enough \color annotations around the document,
latex seems to freak out around middle of the
document and start coloring everything the same.

Pawel, could you take a look please?
All you need to do is apply the patch I sent
(adding shell script for generating the diff)
then run this script and look at the result.