Subject: Re: [virtio] virtio tc group status changes

Hi Michael,

Whoops. That is a type of change that you should not make. Observer and Member are formal terms in the OASIS Process and the choice between them is to be made by the participant, not the Chair. That role bears directly both on what the person is able to do (e.g. an Observer will receive all the email to the TC's mailing list but will not be able to send any email) and on their IPR obligations (Observers carry none, Members are bound by the TC's IPR mode).

The correct change is to switch any Member's status from Voting to Non-Voting. Which I think is your intent.

Note also that when TCs do not hold meetings for more than 60 days, any Members gain Voting status.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

/chet