Subject: Re: virtio 1.0 cs02 title page

Hi Michael,

The reason it is missing from the Latest version links is that they are symbolic links that redirect to the most current version of the specific file. E.g. the link to .html right now goes to Committee Spec 01. In due course, it will redirect to the Candidate OASIS Standard, etc.

However, because the Authoritative version is to a directory (the directory with the source tex files) we didn't put a symbolic link to it into the v1.0 directory. The behavior of a symbolic link to a directory was risky and unpredictable. Any reader coming across the files can get to the latest tex source because it will always be listed on the HTML or PDF file they go to.

Best,

/chet