Subject: Re: [virtio] voting and issue tracking for virtio 1.0cs03/1.1

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 11:21:28AM +0100, Cornelia Huck wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:44:41 +0200
> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > We will also need some process to periodically approve
> > post-factum formatting, typo fixes and similar simple changes.
> > We don't want issue tracking for these I think.
> > I'll probably put these up for voting about once
> > a month or so, we'll see.
>
> Should we perhaps have an issue that is collecting all those minor
> fixes and is simply opened after month?
>
> > All this likely will mean there will be a bunch of ballots
> > running on the TC at all times.
> > If you can't vote, pls remember to mark up your status
> > as leave of absence.
>
> After having searched on the oasis site for a while: Remind me how one
> does so?
>
> > Cornelia, could you please start with CCW patches you posted so we can
> > try this out, see how well it works?
>
> That would be 116-119 and 129, right? I can give it a try later.

OK I started the ballot on 129 so we can try.
Pls take a look, and tell me if you see any issues.

For 116-119 - I'm not sure which versions should these changes go into.
At this point we have virtio 1.0 branch for bug fixes
and master branch (still out of date, but I'll update it once
cs02 is out) that will become 1.1 for new features.

Please set "fix in versions" on the issues accordingly,
then we can start the ballots.
Pls note that if there are material changes, a new public
review period will be required before release.

I also mistakenly opened 116 and 117, I don't want to bother
deferring, but generally should be open only after ballot
started, with comment pointing to the ballot.

--
MST