Subject: Re: planning virtio 1.1: should latest version be updated?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:
> > We added a sentence in the Status section of the cover pages pointing readers
> > to the Technical Work section of the TC's web page for any subsequent work
> > products.
>
> We don't have that ATM. Is there an example showing how that
> can look?

Chet, could you answer this one please?
I would like to have a link to the TC homepage in the next
release.

Whoops, sorry. Missed that.

The section of the TC's homepage that I mean is:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=virtio#technical

The first paragraph in the Status section of every OASIS publication reads as follows (this copied from the current VIRTIO CSPRD04):

This document was last revised or approved by the Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO) TC on the above date. The level of approval is also listed above. Check the “Latest version” location noted above for possible later revisions of this document. Any other numbered Versions and other technical work produced by the Technical Committee (TC) are listed athttps://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=virtio#technical.

Where should I put it? Should I remember "latest version"
to "latest 1.0 version" to make the distinction clear?

You have the Latest version link for VIRTIO V1.0 listed there now. When you start V1.1, you can simply add it there as well so that it is also listed on your homepage. V1.1 will be published with that same pointer to direct readers to that section of the home page for updates.

/chet

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298