Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] Comments on Virtio 1.0 cs03

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 02:54:14PM +0800, Kevin Lo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After reading the specification, I have two minor comments.
>
> First, sort device status field [1] in the section 2.1 to improve readability,
> namely ACKNOWLEDGE (1), DRIVER (2), DRIVER_OK (4), FEATURES_OK (8),
> DEVICE_NEEDS_RESET (64), FAILED (128).

The order is inconsistent, but I think it's more important to
list them in the order they are set, since we say above it:
	The \field{device status} field provides a simple low-level
	indication of the completed steps of this sequence.

So a better order is ACKNOWLEDGE, DRIVER, FEATURES_OK, DRIVER_OK,
FAILED, DEVICE_NEEDS_RESET since need reset would typically
be set only on error after DRIVER_OK.

I'll send a patch that does this.

> Second, since vring* and VRING* have been replaced with virtq* and VIRTQ*
> respectively, I suggesting renaming the header virtio_ring.h to virtio_queue.h
> or fixing include guards to match the name of the header.

Good idea.