Subject: clarification regarding Ballot: "move specification development to git"

Hello,

With regards to the ongoing ballot for moving development to git,
the following was pointed out to me:

github is not just git hosting. It also adds ability to add feedback
in the form of comments, issues, pull requests, etc.

The online OASIS documentation explains that while substantive repo contributions
come only from TC members, public feedback may be posted on github.

The static immutable policy files in each repository further clarify the terms
for contributing, and applicarbility of the OASIS Feedback License to any such
public comment [2], [3]

[1] Public Feedback
https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/
github-repositories-for-oasis-tc-members-chartered-work#
contributionsAndFeedback

[2] CONTRIBUTING
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/odata-openapi/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

[3] LICENSE
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/odata-openapi/blob/master/LICENSE.md

Please note that this policy is static which is slightly different from
contributing patches on the mailing list where the contributor is made
to click through on a form about agreeing to the IPR policy.

I am not sure what is the best way to handle such feedback.  For
example, I consider github pull requests generally not well formatted.
I suggest that we focus on maintaing the spec itself in git, and look at
this problem if and when we get feedback through these means.

However, in case other TC members feel differently, please answer on
the mailing list, or (if you are a voting member) vote on the ballot.

--
MST