Subject: Re: [virtio] clarification regarding Ballot: "move specification development to git"

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 5:06 AM, Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com> wrote:
[Re-send, in the hope that there was only a temporary problem at oasis...]

Re: clarifying the TC's preference for use of comment list for public feedback [1a]

> Can we note somewhere that we prefer to get feedback through the
mailing list?

I'll be happy to help with modification of the OASIS boilerplate text used in each
GitHub repository's CONTRIBUTING file to support you.  If you wish, we can
modify that document to clarify your preference for comment mailing list.

Comments provided as public feedback (quite rare, actually, in the OASIS TC
GitHub repositories) are usually composed as GitHib repo Issues,   When
someone begins to create a new Issue (clicks on "New..."), GitHub
will display a prominent link to the repository CONTRIBUTING file, with
this message

"Please review the guidelines for contributing to this repository"

So, users have ample opportunity to understand your preferences
when it comes to providing feedback.

> just wait and
see what comes and maybe gently push people towards the mailing list.

I think that will work well.

- Robin

[1a]

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:06:42 +0200
From: Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com>
To: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com>
Cc: virtio@lists.oasis-open.org

> Can we note somewhere that we prefer to get feedback through the
mailing list?

> With the popularity of github, we will have to deal with contributions
through that path sooner or later, though. My take is to just wait and
see what comes and maybe gently push people towards the mailing list..