Subject: Re: [virtio] Re: github repo created for VIRTIO

Cornelia, on this bit:

> >Update TC homepage.

> I have not been able to figure out how edit this. Maybe only the chair
> can do that?

I will update the VIRTIO TC home page to reference the three GitHub repositories; we do that in the
home page section "TC Tools..."

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=virtio#tc-tools

- Robin Cover

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 4:42 AM, Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com> wrote:
On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 08:29:01 +0300
"Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
> OK I pushed the initial version here:
>
> https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec
>
> This should match what is there in svn.
>
> There's a single branch: master.
>
> I also pushed out signed (by myself) tags for cs01 to 04 and csprd05 tags
> that we had in svn.

Do we want to continue to work on master and apply tags, or do we want
to do some kind of branch-based workflow? As we only have three
committers anyway, the former should be good enough.

> Please take a look.

Did not see anything off so far.

> Things to do:
>
> Protect LICENSE and CONTRIBUTING files as immutable (OASIS
> boilerplate).

Frankly, no idea how to do this.

> Update README as below, but leave the startup
> text as-is:
>
> a) https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#description
> update as needed (desc)
>
> b) https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#
> further-description-of-this-repository
> Add any text we want there

The desc as above should be fine for now, I think.

> Update SVN to point to github.

Updated README.txt. Please take a look.

> Update TC homepage.

I have not been able to figure out how edit this. Maybe only the chair
can do that?

> Commit changes for ballots voted in.

Pushed code for 161 and also updated my affiliation.

I do not have the original mails for 155, 159, and 160, though (due to
switching employers). The oasis mailing list archive does not seem to
offer the option to download the original mail, and I could not find
any other public archive. Can someone else please push these?

> Start populating docs and admin repositories.

What should they contain? I'd guess 'docs' our past releases; not sure
what is supposed to go into 'admin'.