Subject: Re: [virtio] scheduled draft releases

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 06:27:47 +0300
"Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> I think we should try to start doing time-based releases.

Any way that makes us get out updates more regularly sounds like a good
idea.

> Drafts:
> 	- Ideally we'd just do periodic snapshots
> 	  say once each two weeks.
> 	  Unfortunately it seems that OASIS requires
> 	  us to vote on releasing every draft.
> 	  Should be a quick vote though.

Every other week might be a bit too often, especially as we have to
vote on each one. Once per month?

> Public Release Drafts:
>
> 	- Let's try to do say twice a year?

Sounds good to me.

> Things we'll probably see in the next one:
> - packed rings
> - SRIOV
>
> Things we might see:
> - crypto
> - vsock
> - input
> - gpu

Would be great if these were ready.

> too much to hope for:
> - 9pfs
> - procrpmsg

ISTR that we reserved some ids for other devices... not sure what the
status for these is.