voting message

Subject: Information from an OASIS Board Candidate

Title: Message

Voting Reps,

As a service to our candidates and voting reps, OASIS forwards candidate provided information to you, at their request.  This is the fifth such message you have received thus far, during the course of balloting.

We will forward any other information provided as soon as practical.  The OASIS balloting process for Board elections provides you the opportunity to change your ballot up to the close of balloting.

Scott McGrath

Director Member Services

Dear OASIS members,

I am VP of Standards and Product Strategy for SeeBeyond Technology Corporation, a medium-sized company dedicated to enabling the 'enterprise nervous system', with our world-class integration software.

Every day, we are seeing our customers' need for standards-based interoperability increase, because they know that only with such standards in place - and in use - can they build and run the integrated applications they need, to reliably manage their businesses.

I firmly believe that OASIS is exactly the right place for business-class interoperability standards to be developed and ratified, and if you elect me to represent you on our Board of Directors, I will work with the other Directors to ensure that OASIS has:

  • A coherent architecture for evaluating and developing relevant, related standards
  • A plan for engaging real end-user businesses
  • A requirements process which listens to real end-user businesses
  • A goal-based process, designed to encourage successful implementations quickly

I look forward to your support.

Kind Regards,

Alan Davies.