voting message

Subject: A message from Candidate Mike DeNicola

OASIS Members,

I wish to take this opportunity to solicit your support for election to the OASIS Board of Directors. Many people are not aware of the significant role Fujitsu is playing worldwide, especially in Japan and Asia, to promote software standards and the importance of interoperability. Diverse standards that overlap or do not work together seriously hinder the adoption of important new technologies.

We believe strongly that Technical Committees within OASIS and Work Groups in other standards bodies need to be concerned about this problem. Experience has shown that informal relationships between members of these groups can be very effective and where possible, there should be more formal agreements and information exchange between standards organizations.

Finally, we think that founding local subsidiaries in some countries and including more non-US based companies on the OASIS Board would help promote OASIS activity internationally.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my candidacy.

Mike DeNicola

Fujitsu