voting message

Subject: A Message from Board Candidate - Michael Weiner

Voting Reps,

The following message is from Michael Weiner, OASIS Board Candidate.

Scott

OASIS Voting Rep:

IBM has nominated me to serve on the OASIS Board of Directors. You may remember that I finished in a tie for the fourth position in the election this past June, when I had just finished a two year term on the Board. I believe my contributions during my term helped OASIS experience tremendous growth,  especially in the area of Web services. IBM is recognized as a leader in Web services having coauthored many specifications including UDDI, WS-Security and BPEL which are all in OASIS now, as well as having coauthored many other Web services specs that are forthcoming. IBM wishes to continue my involvement at OASIS to help to continue establishing OASIS as a leading organization for the development of Web services standards.

As a member of the WS-I Liaison Committee and the Board of Directors of The Open Applications Group, I would seek opportunities for greater cross industry cooperation.

I truly believe in the good work being done at OASIS and would appreciate your vote in the current election.

Regards,

Michael Weiner

IBM Corporation