voting message

Subject: A message from Board Candidate Jeff Mischkinsky

Voting Reps,

The following is a message from Board Candidate Jeff Mischkinsky.

Thanks,

Scott…

_________________________________

Dear OASIS Board of Directors Voters,

Just in case you've put off making that tough decision I'd like to provide

you with a friendly reminder that there are only 13 hours left to vote (or

change your ballot if you inadvertently forgot to check my box :-) in the

OASIS Board of Directors special election.

While I'm at it, (you knew there'd be a short pitch ;-) I'd like to

emphasize a few of the key points you can find in my complete statement at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/download.php/3848/mischkinsky.html

I, and my company, bring to the table a depth of experience in the

standards world. We believe that the industry is served best when companies

cooperate on developing standards and compete on implementations. To make

OASIS an even better place to achieve this objective, if elected to the

OASIS Board, we would focus on:

    o Adding a Royalty-Free IPR option - Oracle favors forums where

contributions are royalty free unless the contributors indicate otherwise

at the time that they make a contribution.  We value our patent portfolio

and understand how some intellectual property is so fundamental to a

business that it can not be offered to competitors without

charge.  However, we believe that TC participants should be allowed to make

rational business decisions as to whether such technology is so valuable to

their efforts that it must be incorporated with full knowledge of future costs.

    o TC support - Fine-tuning the organizational support for the nuts and

bolts of running TC's

    o Improving board/member communication and increasing membership

decision-making opportunities

    o Coordinating the increasing amount of web services activity

Regardless of your choice, I urge you to vote before the Monday 27 October

11:30 pm eastern deadline so that we elect directors who are representative

of the entire OASIS electorate.

Cheers,

   Jeff Mischkinsky

Jeff Mischkinsky                      jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com

Consulting Member Technical Staff     +1(650)506-1975

Director, Web Services Standards      500 Oracle Parkway M/S 4OP9

Oracle Corporation                    Redwood Shores, CA 94065