voting message

Subject: A message from Board Candidate Sinisa Zimek

Dear OASIS Voting Representative,

It is time to make your choice and elect three additional directors for the OASIS Board. I would like to take this opportunity to solicit for your vote.  Let me briefly reiterate why I believe that you should vote for me and SAP for the OASIS Board:

First of all, those of you who have worked with me directly or know me through many of the standards activities e.g. in WS-I, OASIS and W3C, where I’m actively involved, are aware of my established leadership in the standards industry and my commitment to make things happen. I’m excited about the potential this organization has and determined to contribute all my long-term experience in the standards work and application architecture design to it. I’m further convinced that my industry wide recognition would add substantial value to the OASIS Board.

My employer SAP, the leader in business application software market, has clearly demonstrated its supported and commitment towards open, realty-free standards for business software applications. SAP’s role and weight in the business application market has already started playing a vital role in open standards, virtually any kind of business applications; therefore SAP’s active engagement on the Board would be of incredible benefit for OASIS.

If elected, I will get immediately the following action items on my agenda:

·        Contribute to a quick and practical solution for OASIS members of the issues around the IPR policy, including questions around the patent policy as well as the need for an upfront clarification of the royalty status for specifications favoring RF specifications.

·        I’m very impressed by the continuous growth and expansion of TC’s we have seen over the past couple of years. OASIS managed well to create strong interest in the end-user and business consumer industry for XML standards and gained momentum in a variety of exciting new topics. I would strongly support keeping a healthy growth rate and put more stress on clarifying the selection criteria for starting new technical work along with facilitating more the international engagement in Europe and Asia.

·        Leverage SAP’s leading role in the business application domain to facilitate a faster and broader adoption of OASIS technical specifications and standards throughout the industry. This is starting becoming the OASIS key differentiator against other consortia.

·        Even though OASIS has established a functioning relationship with all major standards bodies, I’m in strong favor of staying on top with OASIS liaisons with other international consortia, both on TC level as well as on organizational level.

·        Ensure OASIS leading position in the standards industry and specifically in Web services standards, which are the building foundation for many other important standardization activities.

Please take a minute t read more details in my acceptance letter, which can found at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/download.php/3855/zimek.html.

Thank you,

Sinisa Zimek