voting message

Subject: Re: [voting] BEA Systems Intentes to vote No on UBL Naming and Design Rules

Multiple versions of documents is extremely undesirable, especially when the
systems consuming the documents have to persist the contents to their
respective
data stores. While I respect the desirability of design flexibility of
extensibility
(it sounds very elegant in news group discussions and for vendors to market
their
"translation" features), multiple versions of documents has actually caused
the
entire XML-based document exchange to take a back-seat in the industry.

Industries which tried to move away from EDI and into XML are questioning
what cost-savings
XML is brining to them.

If I were a vendor, I would vote exactly like BEA intends to do.

But, as a Systems Integrator, I respectfully submit that I agree with the
UBL TC.

Best regards.
Sastry Dhara
President/CEO