voting message

Subject: Opening this group to member dialogue

OASIS Voting contacts:

In the interest of giving you, the organizational voters, better input and
feedback on matters coming to vote, we are opening this mail list to posting
by all OASIS members.  Now anyone with an OASIS member account can post
their relevant input on a ballot to the Voting list.

We hope this openness helps you a better understand the issues and
candidates represented on ballots, while giving ballot proponents and
opponents a clearer voice in the process.

We understand this change from a one-way administrative mail list to a
member discussion list will cause slightly more email traffic, we expect
that traffic to be meaningful and worth your review.

If you have any questions about this or the voting process, please feel
welcome to contact me directly.

Scott McGrath
Director of Member Services

Tel +1 978-667-5115 x202
Fax +1 978-667-5114
scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org

Plan on attending:
OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability,
9-12 May, San Francisco
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/