voting message

Subject: Call for Vote - Web Services Specifications (9 ballots)

To OASIS Members:

This is a Call for Vote to approve the nine Committee Specifications, listed
below, as OASIS Standards. Each specification is associated with a separate
ballot; they are presented here in a single email only to avoid sending
individual messages.

Voting to approve the work product of our Technical Committees is a key step
in the OASIS process, to better assure our broader user community of the
quality and applicability of the methods or TCs create.  I strongly
encourage each member organization to consider the works submitted for
approval and participate by casting a  ballot.

The Committee Specifications have had their required 60 day public reviews,
and the review materials were sent out to the membership of OASIS for the
required 15-day familiarization period. As the required review and
familiarization periods have now been completed it is time to vote. The
applicable section of the OASIS TC Process is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.php#OASISstandard.

As each OASIS member organization has only one vote, participating employees
of your organization should provide their input to you, their voting
representative, so that you can decide how to vote on behalf of your
organization.  We point that out to them, on our general [members] list,
concurrently with this message.

The voting representative from each OASIS member organization should submit
the organization's votes by 11:45 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (US) 31 January
2009. Voting will be conducted using the OASIS member database tools. To
cast your ballots, go to the Voting group ballot page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballots.php. You will
need to log-in to the database tools in order to cast your ballots; if you
have not yet obtained your username and password please contact Scott
McGrath (scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org) for help.

You may change your ballot until the time that balloting closes. Ballots
will be publicly archived. Comments may be made but are not solicited as the
specifications already have been subject to public review.

Specification Title: WS-SecurityPolicy 1.3
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange (WS-SX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1632
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00000.html

Specification Title: WS-SecureConversation 1.4
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange (WS-SX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1633
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00001.html

Specification Title: WS-Trust 1.4
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange (WS-SX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1634
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00002.html

Specification Title: WS-BusinessActivity v1.2
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Transaction (WS-TX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1635
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00003.html

Specification Title: WS-AtomicTransaction v1.2
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Transaction (WS-TX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1636
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00004.html

Specification Title: WS-Coordination v1.2
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Transaction (WS-TX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1637
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00005.html

Specification Title: Web Services MakeConnection 1.1
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1638
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00006.html

Specification Title: Web Services ReliableMessaging Policy 1.2
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1639
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00007.html

Specification Title: Web Services ReliableMessaging 1.2
Technical Committee: OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) Technical
Committee
Ballot URI:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1640
Familiarization e-Mail:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200901/msg00008.html

Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
phone: 1.603.232.9090