voting message

Subject: OASIS Board of Directors Vote

Dear OASIS Member,

The ballot for the Board of Directors of OASIS is closing this Wednesday.  Your decision will decide the fate of OASIS for the next few years. I want to take this opportunity to solicit your vote for my candidacy. I believe in standardization, interoperability and open technologies. Over the course of my professional experience I have contributed towards the development of many products, open technologies and open standards. My candidate profile is located at http://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2010board/giroti.php. Here is an overview of my platform and experience.

My Platform:

1.      Ensure that OASIS is the leader in developing converging and open standards:  Work to promote the cause of Open standards by investing in developing and promoting open standards that can be leveraged across multiple industries. I will take the initiatives to open new opportunities for creation of standards using a practical and pragmatic approach.

2.      Ensure that there is more Governance and Transparency: Work at the board level to foster Governance and Transparency in all work of OASIS.

3.      Ensure that there is more Collaboration: Promote Collaboration amongst the OASIS members and 5000 plus participants located in 100 countries and across 600 organizations.

4.      Higher visibility for OASIS: Promote OASIS and its charter through various avenues including conferences, joint marketing and industry collaboration.

My Experience:

1.      Multi-industry Experience: I have worked with many industries including: Healthcare, Insurance, Government, Financial, Manufacturing, Telecom, Wireless, High Tech and Energy/Clean Tech. I understand the continuing challenges and opportunities faced by these industries and the importance and applicability of standards to their growth.

2.      Entrepreneur: As an entrepreneur, I have started two companies as Founder/CEO and have experience realizing vision into reality. Currently I am leading an organization in the Energy industry that is focused in the SmartGrid space.

3.      Executive Leadership & Board experience: I have been a Chairman and CEO of three companies. Additionally, since 1995 I have been a board member of various for-profit and non-profit organizations, committees and consortiums – including a publically listed company, startups, and a few non-profit and standard making committees.

4.      Technology Experience:  Over the last 23 years, I have grown through the ranks from a software engineer to CTO and now CEO and Chairman of the Board. Over the years, I have been very hands on and have involved in architecting many technologies, platforms, solutions and products. For example, I have been involved in developing industry’s first distributed computing platform (OSF DCE) by representing my company at Open Software Foundation, contributed towards development of the CORBA (Common Object Request Broker Architecture) specification, developed open wireless IS-41 platform, Advance Intelligence Network (AIN) platform for Telecom and have leveraged SOA and web services on dozens of projects

5.      Thought Leadership: I frequently speak at various industry conferences, write white papers, blogs, and magazine articles. I have been granted four patents by the USPTO recently. Lately I have also presented industry’s first open Smart Grid Reference Architecture and put that in public domain.

I would really appreciate if you would consider me for your vote. I live and work in Massachusetts near OASIS offices in Billerica, Massachusetts and will be able to actively devout the necessary time to the OASIS cause.

I may be reached at 508.624.8932 for any questions or comments. I look forward to working with you actively in the future. Thanks and Best Regards,

Thanks

-Tony

Tony Giroti, Chairman and CEO

BRIDGE Energy Group Inc.