voting message

Subject: Reflections on the OASIS Board of Directors

Dear OASIS Primary Representatives,

since it is this time of the year again when your vote decides who will serve on the Board of Directors for the next two years, I would like to give you a brief update on my own plans for the future.

As you might have noticed, my own term ends in July, but I am not running for the Board elections again. During my tenure as a member of the OASIS Board of Directors – beginning in 2005 and for the last 12 months as a vice-chair – I really enjoyed to be part of the group that deeply cares about OASIS’ future. I have made significant contributions to the various Board committees and gave advice on the organization’s strategy, policies and procedures, and last, but not least, member services. We achieved a lot during those years but obviously, there is more to be done to ensure that OASIS has a bright and long-term future. However, it is time for me to move on and to focus on a number of other topics at SAP, including the overall technology strategy and technology platform architecture. This will in many cases cover opportunities for standards, but is not any longer in the center of my day-to-day job.

I believe that there are a number of highly-qualified candidates for this year’s Board of Directors election and urge you to cast your vote at http://tools.oasis-open.org/election/2011/?board. The more votes this ballot receives, the better the elected Board members represent you and your interests. More particularly, I would encourage you to give my colleague Sanjay Patil a high rank in your vote – he is a dedicated standards ambassador (see his profile at http://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2011board/patil.php)  and OASIS Distinguished Contributor and I know that he is well prepared to serve on the Board.

Thank you and best regards,
Claus

Claus von Riegen
Vice-Chair OASIS Board of Directors
Program Director Technology Strategy
Product Architecture Group
SAP AG
Dietmar-Hopp Allee 16
69190 Walldorf, Germany
T   +49 6227 742589
F   +49 6227 7819953
M   +49 160 8896870
mailto:claus.von.riegen@sap.com
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/standards
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/opensource

Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statements: http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.