voting message

Subject: Don't Forget to Vote

Dear OASIS Board of Directors Voters,

Just in case you've managed to put off making that tough decision I'd like to provide you with a friendly reminder that today is the last day left to vote (or change your ballot if you inadvertently forgot to check my box :-).

While I'm at it, (you knew there'd be a short pitch ;-) I'd like to emphasize the key points you can find in my complete statement at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2012board/mischkinsky.php

the ballot is at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=2229

I, and my company, bring to the table a depth of experience in the standards world and a core belief that the industry is served best when companies come together to cooperate on the development of standards on an open and level playing field, and compete on implementations.That belief is firmly ingrained in the Oracle's DNA, going back to its beginning, which was based upon a little known standards development effort that got started in the mid-1980's -- SQL.

In my time on the Board for the past few years, one of my key goals as been to try and ensure that OASIS provides that level playing field and does its best to ensure that none of its members are able to exercise special powers to influence the development and approval process.

The other 2 key issues for me have been a focus on increasing OASIS's acceptance in the international arena and streamlining and improving the TC Process and infrastructure. We've made great strides in that direction. The TC admin queue which now has reasonable "waiting times" and we've got some changes to the TC Process which should make TC approvals easier.

Regardless of your choice I urge you to vote before the deadline so that we elect directors who are representative of the entire OASIS electorate.

Cheers,
  Jeff Mischkinsky

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Sr. Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware 				+1(650)506-1975