voting message

Subject: OASIS BoD election

Hello OASIS voters,

The OASIS board of directors election is underway now, and there are 6 of 9 seats to fill in this election cycle.  Link to ballot:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=2939.

I am interested in becoming an OASIS director to represent the needs of IT startups as well as enterprise and government customers. I want to increase OASIS' membership roster with more software vendors (especially small companies), end-user enterprise organizations, and government agencies. I would like to expand the relationships between OASIS and other international standards organizations as well as industry verticals. Knowing that technology waits for no one, I would also like to explore ways to streamline the standards creation process.  I have been involved with OASIS and serving on TCs for about 10 years, and received the Distinguished Contributor Award in 2014.  I would greatly appreciate your vote in this election.

For more information, please see my candidate profile at https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2016board/tolbert.php, or feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

John Tolbert