voting message

Subject: OASIS BoD election

Dear OASIS voters,

I am contacting you today to seek your support for my candidacy for a seat on the OASIS Board of Directors.

Since the early 2000s, I have been involved at both the international level and the national level (in Italy) in working on standards for modelling legal documents and legal knowledge (CEN, Italian government).
I joined OASIS in 2013 representing the University of Bologna as well as a group of experts working on Akoma Ntoso, a standard which was initially promoted for African parliaments by the United Nations, and which has since been adopted by the European Parliament and other major institutions (e.g., the National Archives in the UK, the US Review Code, the Library of Congress of Chile, and the Uruguayan parliament).
Akoma Ntoso is now managed in LegalDocML TC in OASIS and has had significant success.
I subsequently promoted LegalRuleML and supported LegalCiteM TCs. Since 2013, I have been serving as a member of the LegalXML steering committee and as co-chair of LegalDocML and LegalRuleML, and I am also an active member of LegalCiteM.

In 2015, I was recognized as an OASIS distinguished contributor [1].

I also have expertise in digital eGovernment agendas, and in particular in open government data, both on the technical side (semantic Web, big data) and the legal side (e.g., privacy, licenses, identity). My research mobility plans were completed in part at Stanford University and at NICTA (Australia). I have a working knowledge of the European, US, and Latin American legal systems. I would be able to my combine legal, technical, ethical skills in an interdisciplinary way to help develop OASIS standards with which to address the challenges of the internet of things so that economic growth does not come at the expense of the citizens’ rights and a fair society.

For these reasons I believe that I could usefully contribute to the OASIS Board of Directors.

I hope you will have a look at my platform and statement [2] and cast a vote [3] for me before the close of the board election on June 29, 2016.
Remember that you can vote for up to six candidates!
Thank you for considering me as a candidate.

Regards,
Monica Palmirani

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/member-roster/distinguished-contributors
[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2016board/palmirani.php
[3] https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=2939

--
Associate professor of Legal Informatics

5x1000 AI GIOVANI RICERCATORI
DELL'UNIVERSITÀ DI BOLOGNA
Codice Fiscale: 80007010376