voting message

Subject: OASIS Board of Directors Election - Requesting Your Support

Hello Primary and Secondary OASIS reps,

You may know that I am running as IBM's rep on the OASIS Board of Directors and I'd like to ask for your support.

I am seeking my fifth two year term on the Board. You'll recall that I'm a senior member of the IBM Open Technology team who has been active at both OMG and OASIS and in open source communities such as Node.js and Kafka. I have demonstrated my commitment to OASIS by driving new business to OASIS on a regular basis. IBM as a company remains committed to OASIS, as demonstrated by its top tier Foundation Sponsorship and strong TC presence. I'm also proud of IBM's contributions towards making OASIS the leading place to do integrated standards and open source work. You can read more about my background, record and platform at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2017board/ings.php

While I am proud of what the Board has accomplished the past two years, much needs to be done to ensure OASIS remains the pre-eminent global standards consortium, given the dramatic industry changes of recent years. I would be honored if you would gave me your support to continue this work.

If you've got any questions or suggestions please contact me at ings@ca.ibm.com. I also plan to hold an open house via telecon, during which I'd like to hear your views about what the Board's priorities should be over the next two years. I am particularly interested in hearing your views about how OASIS should adapt to open source trends. The open house details are below.

Thank you for your consideration - but whoever you decide to vote for, please do vote! It's important!

P.S. The ballot is now open at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3081

Open House Telecon Information

Tuesday June 20 at 9 AM PT / 12 noon ET / 6 PM CET one hour

Toll Free: +1 855-453-6951 Conference ID: 2388736
Direct Dial or Skype: +1 416-933-9400
Germany, UK (dial *all* leading zeros): 0080084879280
Other countries available upon request.

Dave Ings, Program Director,
IBM Open Technology