voting message

Subject: OASIS Board of Directors Election

Greetings.

There's an election currently in progress for the OASIS Board of Directors, and I would like your vote. This brief email outlines why I think should you consider adding me into the list of 5 candidates you can vote for out of the 7 candidates that are running for election.

OASIS has already sent out the announcement emails including the full list of candidate profiles and most importantly the location where you can vote – which is https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3081

So why vote for me?

You can view my biographical statement and platform at https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2017board/rich.php, but as I’m sure you are busy here is a greatly condensed version:

- I've been actively directly participating in OASIS standards activities for over 10 years across multiple technical committees so I have first-hand experience in what OASIS is all about.

- I’ve worked for both large and small companies (almost 38 years at IBM) and I currently represent a much smaller Australia-based company, so my experiences encompass the challenges faced by both large and small companies working with standards based software and working in standards bodies.

- I've been heavily involved in the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) Technical Committee and more recently in the PKCS#11 Technical Committee, so I have current experience in the challenges of both creating and evolving standards through multiple versions and on designing, building and deploying systems based on those standards.

I would like the opportunity to take these experiences and harness them in continuing to fine-tune OASIS processes and tooling for world-class results, this time at a Board level.

Receiving your vote would help give me that chance.

Thanks for your consideration. There’s a bit more info on me posted on the company website at https://www.cryptsoft.com/about/about-fellows.php.  If you have further questions, my email address is on the bio, and I would welcome interaction.

Regards,
Bruce Rich