voting message

Subject: OASIS Election - Ask For Support

Hello all;

You may know that I am running as IBM's rep on the OASIS Board of Directors, and as either the primary or secondary contact for your company, I'd like to ask for your support.

I am seeking my second term on the Board, after being elected for the first time in 2018. You may recall that I'm a senior member of the IBM Security team who has been active both in numerous cybersecurity TCs in OASIS, as well as in various open source communities throughout my career.

IBM as a company remains firmly committed to OASIS, as demonstrated by its top tier Foundation Sponsorship and strong TC presence. I'm very proud of IBM's long history of contributions towards making OASIS the leading place to do integrated standards and open source work. You can read more about my background, record and platform at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2019board/keirstead.php

I have greatly enjoyed my time serving OASIS members on the board thus far. I also believe that a lot of important work continues to need be done to ensure OASIS remains the pre-eminent global standards consortium. I would be honored if you would gave me your support to continue this work.

If you've got any questions or suggestions, please contact me at Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com. I am also open to discussing any issues you would like to discuss via phone and/or webex, during which I'd like to hear your views about what the Board's priorities should be. I am particularly interested in hearing your views about how OASIS should adapt to open source trends and the changing market space around standards.

Whoever you decide to vote for, please do vote. Voting is a privilege of membership and is critically important for the stewardship of OASIS, so it is important that you exercise.

Thank you for your consideration;

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Unknown