voting message

Subject: Why you should vote in OASIS board ballot

1. It matters!ÂÂmany ballots over the years have been won or lost by a single vote or a small number of votes. We've even had a tie. ÂIf you think your opinion doesn't matter, think again.Â

2. Members rule! The board members are picked entirely by your nominations and this vote. OASIS could be like other orgs and use an elite nomination committee or only take nominations from the board. But no - we value YOUR opinion. Please express it. [1]

3. It is the easiest part of the process! It only takes a minute to vote and several minutes to review the candidates, if you are not familiar with them. The candidates are also busy, but took their time to create their profile for you - and they are offering many hours to their board service over the next 2 years. They deserve your review and consideration. [2]

4. It's confidential. The board ballot is confidential. You may vote your conscience and choose those candidates you think will best serve OASIS, leaving social pressure out of your decision.

5. You win -- no matter who wins!  It feels great knowing your vote helped someone get elected. And as consolation prize, If you vote for five candidates and none of your selections win a seat, I will waive your membership fee for 1 year!Â

Thanks for your vote - the ballot closesÂWednesday, 19 June 2019 @ 9:00 pm EDT!

Scott...
[1]Âhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3406Â
[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2019board/Â
Both these link require your workspace credentials to log in.ÂÂ
--
Scott McGrath
COO

Tel +1 781-425-5073 x202