was message

Subject: RE: [was] Blended threats

I think that we need to limit our focus to the "entry attack", as you put
it.

For example, what about an attack that allows for "shell command injection".
How would you describe or define what the attacker is able to do with access
to a shell? That is almost arbitrarily complex, I would think.

Unless you are trying to come up with an "effects" *category*, rather than
detailed effect.

E.g. "arbitrary shell access", "arbitrary SQL command execution"

That could be combined with a "permission" attribute, to obtain:

E.g. "Arbitrary shell access as root", "arbitrary SQL command execution as
sa",

which would give a pretty good indication of the extent of the problem.

I don't think that it really makes sense to try to take this further than
the entry point, though.

Rogan

Important Notice: This email is subject to important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") that must be accessed and read by clicking here or by copying and pasting the following address into your Internet browser's address bar: http://www.Deloitte.co.za/Disc.htm. The Disclaimer is deemed to form part of the content of this email in terms of Section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002. If you cannot access the Disclaimer, please obtain a copy thereof from us by sending an email to ClientServiceCentre@Deloitte.co.za.