was message

Subject: WAS-Executor

Hi Folks,

I've been working on coding an initial WAS-Executor, based on the original
VulnXML-1.4 dtd.

IIRC, we agreed that we would base our work on the existing VulnXML dtd, and
modify it as needed.

My first thought is that the <Connection> tag is not really needed.

The original idea of the <Connection> element was that there may be requests
that need to be issued over the same TCP or SSL connection. Thinking about
it now, we could perform the same logic by including a "Connection:
keep-alive" header in the request, and testing for "Connection: close" in
the response.

I will go ahead and try to finish the executor, hopefully by end Tuesday
evening, so that people will have an opportunity to play with it before the
conference call on Thursday.

It is implemented within the WebScarab framework, and draws in additional
libraries from VulnXML, and the libraries that VulnXML requires.

I will try to make up an "INSTALL" document when I send the executor out.

Rogan
--
"Using encryption on the Internet is the equivalent of arranging an
armored car to deliver credit card information from someone living

Important Notice: This email is subject to important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") that must be accessed and read by clicking here or by copying and pasting the following address into your Internet browser's address bar: http://www.Deloitte.co.za/Disc.htm. The Disclaimer is deemed to form part of the content of this email in terms of Section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002. If you cannot access the Disclaimer, please obtain a copy thereof from us by sending an email to ClientServiceCentre@Deloitte.co.za.