was message

Subject: WAS Protect update (Sep 19)

> I expect to have a fully-functional version ready in two to three weeks,
> so (with some buffer added to that) I'm giving myself a deadline to
> have everything ready for September 20.

  Here's what I've got:
  http://www.modsecurity.org/download/modsecurity-java-m2.zip

  It is a Java Servlet Filter implementation of the WAS Protect
  specification. The specification is almost the same as the one
  I sent a month ago, with few minor changes. The purpose of
  this release is to allow people to test the specification to
  see whether it works for their use cases. Most features are
  implemented. The ones that are not are of secondary importance
  (e.g. normalization functions other than URL decoding).

  The package includes a deployable WAR that works on Resin
  and Tomcat, the source code, the specification, and detailed
  notes about how to get it up and running, how to test, etc.

  I won't have any time to work on this from now until late
  October. I will be able to fix smaller issues though. Then,
  starting from late October, I will be able to work on
  it almost full time.

--
ModSecurity (http://www.modsecurity.org)
[ Open source IDS for Web applications ]