was message

Subject: WAS

People,

I have been in UK for the last 2 weeks dealing with a death in the
family and wont return to States for a week or so. Being realistic I am
afraid at this point I have far more on my plate than I can handle and
need to resign from my role in WAS.

I still believe in its potential power but totally under estimated the
amount of effort needed to get it off the ground and my ability and time
to drive the project.

I know there have been various recent discussions with Mitre and OVAL
and a lot of interest in working together, but I strongly believe at
this point we need to make a move to abandon the project OR (hopefully)
"re-birth it".

David and Peter, I think as co-Chairs that decision is firmly in your
hands.

Mark