was message

Subject: Additions to EVDL Overview Document

Hello everyone,

As discussed in the last conf. call, several people are working on
additional chapters.

I placed the modified document in:
http://www.evdl.net/latest/doc/EVDL-0.1-draft.doc
I expect this document to be updated again in the next few days by
others, we'll keep old revisions available in
http://www.evdl.net/old/doc  for reference.

Here is a summary of modifications:

- Added content for Chapter 2.4 and 4
- Added a new chapter:
5    Extending EVDL to new security domains.

EVDL proposes to support embedding documents that support new
application security domains and define new application security domain
schema descriptions in the future.
A necessary condition to include new schemas would be if developers of
security domains use EVDL metadata and profile in a manner similar to
example 2.5 and thus avoid duplication of generic security constructs
used in metadata (including ID, license, history) and profile (including
classification i.e. vulnTypes and riskRanking).

------
When editing the new chapters, I found some minor inconsistencies in the
schema, therefore I propose the following additional modifications:
- cleanup thread data - make informational/warning/... enum instead of
arbitrary string
- protect should use something like "EVDLID" instead of "id" to make
clear what it refers to
- look at xml:id and use it in metadata if appropriate
- replace "recipe" by "protect" to better represent this is a protect
component
- in overview doc, fix System Impact graph - correct typo (need original
picture from Mark Curphey)

Peter