wemi message

Subject: Notes from WEMI convener call

All,

Thanks to all of you who joined the convener call for the proposed
WEMI TC yesterday.  You all have really done a great job of organizing
an excellent TC.

This note quickly recaps what we covered in the meeting and provides
some links to resources that you may find useful in advance of the TCs
first meeting.

- We discussed the results of the call for comment. Aside from
ensuring that the list of co-proposers is complete, no other changes
are needed. I will confirm the list with David and Carol before the
call for participation is issued.

- Carol reviewed steps OASIS can take to help promote and publicize the TC.

- I covered current status and next steps for the charter and the TC:
  - The TC website and email list are set up.
  - Proposers should go to the website and join the TC.
  - Voting rights will be gained by all who join TC at least 7 days
before 1st meeting
  - TC does not officially exist yet so no substantive discussions or
contributions can happen. Email list should be used for organizational
issues and questions leading up to the first meeting.

- We covered next steps:
  - I will send the call for participation. Feel free to circulate this widely
  - I will schedule a call with David to discuss the agenda and
procedures for the first meeting
  - At 7 days before the first meeting, I will send out a list of
eligible voters and a call for nominations for chair
  - No later than 7 days before the first meeting, David or I will
update the meeting invitation with call in details and a detailed
agenda.

- Links: here are a few links that you may find useful in advance of
the first meeting
  - WEMI TC Webpage:  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wemi/
  - WEMI email list (you will be automatically subscribed when you
join the TC): wemi@lists.oasis-open.org
  - OASIS TC Process: http://oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process
  - OASIS IPR Policy: http://oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr

Please let me know if you have any questions. Again, I look forward to
helping you all launch the Technical Committee on its official work.
Feel free to contact with any questions or suggestions as we move
forward.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org