wemi message

Subject: RE: [wemi] Update on F2F Meeting in Copenhagen

Hi Jay,

US Credit Cards normally work in Denmark. But you can always ask the Cab driver. They all speak excellent English.

Many people arrive in the early evening. So we can gather for example at 19:00 and wait for others to arrive.

I’ll propose a place later this week.

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Alex de Groot
Head of Service Development Department
Email:
adg@sitecore.net  | Skype: sitecore_alexdegroot

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

From: Jay Batson [mailto:jay@acquia.com]
Sent: maandag 26 maart 2012 15:48
To: Alex de Groot
Cc: wemi@lists.oasis-open.org; Peeter Piegaze (ppiegaze@adobe.com)

On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:32 AM, Alex de Groot wrote:

New location will be Tivoli Congress Center. Which is approx. 20-25 minutes walk from the Hotel. A cab will bring you in 5 minutes. Cabs in Copenhagen accept CreditCards.

U.S. attendees that don't travel to Europe much should remember that credit cards are different in Europe, using a chip-and-pin technology (vs. only a magnetic stripe).  U.S.-style cards often will in hotels, restaurants, etc.; but things with more limited readers - e.g. fuel stations, bike rental stations, etc. - usually do not.  Alex, do you know if U.S. mag-stripe-only cards work in taxis?  (My guess would be no….)

On the Monday before I’m proposing to meet each other. We can have a drink together or have a walk through the lovely city of Copenahgen.

I arrive CPH airport 7:00 CEST.  Assuming bag pickup / train is about 45 minutes, I'd be available for a cocktail / walk before 8pm - though that might be a bit late….

-jb

Jay Batson, VP, Founder

jay@acquia.com
Direct: +1-781-238-8651
Mobile: +1-978-758-1599
Toll-free (US): 888-922-7842
Twitter: @batsonjay
Acquia | 25 Corporate Drive | 4th Floor | Burlington, MA 01803

Acquia named to Forbes' 100 list of America's Most Promising Companies! Click here to read more.