wemi message

Subject: WEMI follow up

Hi All!

- It was a pleasure to meet with you - and I especially enjoyed the late night talks some of us had :-)

Discussions made it clear to me that the export/index use cases are somewhat concrete - however it is when it comes to the mashup part when thinks get really interesting, and I believe that if we find the right use cases the domain model will reveal itself!

When talking about use cases the real dynamite in WEMI is actually if we can enable any given web-application to share content/services/functionality with web sites powered by our WEM solutions! :-)

- Here are some use cases I see in that aspect
* Ability to get a list of "things" that have been modified since a given point in time for a site/web (including deletions)
* Ability ask any given site/application about what "services/embeds/data" it can provide, and where these can be located
* Define common ways to integrate "embeds/widgets" from any given system and rules for javascript/css

I'll only be able to call in shortly in the upcoming meeting in one hour due to a waiting airplane!

Regards,
Enonic AS

Thomas Sigdestad
CTO