wemi message

Subject: Re: [wemi] WEMI follow up

Hi all (too),

I'd like to second Arje and Thomas to thank all of you for the opportunity to meet in person in Copenhagen.

Thanks Thomas for proposing some use cases.

On 18 avr. 2012, at 15:01, Thomas Lund Sigdestad wrote:

> * Ability to get a list of "things" that have been modified since a given point in time for a site/web (including deletions)

Although I find this interesting, I'm not sure what this would imply in terms of model, since this looks more like a sync protocol than anything else. Or maybe we could use queries for such a thing ?

> * Ability ask any given site/application about what "services/embeds/data" it can provide, and where these can be located

I think that's the global idea we were discussing when talking about site maps, no ?

> * Define common ways to integrate "embeds/widgets" from any given system and rules for javascript/css

Here this is definitely the use case I think we were including when we talked about exposing model objects using either JSON or HTML. Despite the lack of initial interest for HTML, I think that it can serve some aggregation use cases, for example on mobile devices.

Regards,
  Serge Huber.