wemi message

Subject: Status update

Hello all,

Just a quick update, Thomas and I met today to discuss where we were at on our latest developments and we will be shortly providing a summary document that we will submit to all of you once it is ready. I think we are definitely on the right track with the latest work (most of the initial brainstorming sessions were written down here) :
https://docs.google.com/a/jahia.com/document/d/1t4_OQOE3OUbW_85gR_1-JgV9XrSNRL0SCVlzSk_L8EA/edit#

Once we have the new summary, I propose that all TC members meet to discuss it and possibly address the second important point we will need to discuss : chair and co-chair election.

I have tried to reach out to Cédric to see if I could get any information as to what happened at Adobe, but I never received a reply. Thomas Lund Sigdestad (Enonic) is also trying to get in touch with David Nueschler but it does seem like we will need to hold an election soon. Mostly because I found the following sentence in the TC process guidelines : "If the TC does not have a Chair then all TC activities, with the exception of the selection of a new Chair, are suspended; if the TC does not have a Chair for 120 days, the TC Administrator must close the TC." I'm guessing there is some flexibility around this but we must try to resolve this quickly.

After discussing this between the two of us, we are willing to step forward and propose our nomination as following :
- Serge Huber, Jahia for TC chair
Thomas Lund Sigdestad, Enonic for TC co-chair

Of course this is only a proposal, and if anybody wants to come forward and propose themselves for any position we'd be happy to include them. I should warn that I personally don't have a lot of experience in standards work so I might fumble a little sometimes, but I still strongly believe there can be some very interesting work coming out of this TC and this is why I'd be willing to take the time to organize this TC to the best of my abilities. But if anyone has more experience or a very strong desire to become a chair I think we will need to discuss it in more details.

For those of you who do not know much about me, let me quickly introduce myself. I am the founder and CTO at Jahia Solutions, I have been coding in the CMS world since 1999. I love to code and develop new things constantly, and I love to meet new faces all the time. I recently became a dad so I now know what real stress and exhaustion feels like :) I am always interested in standards work despite the fact that I have little active experience in it, I am more usually involved in open source projects, notably at the Apache Foundation or on OPS4j.

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.

- -- --- -----=[ shuber at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
CTO & Co-founder - Jahia Solutions Group, 9 Routes de Jeunes, 1227 Acacias, Switzerland

Jahia’s next-generation, open source CMS stems from a widely acknowledged vision
of enterprise application convergence – web, search, document, social and portal –
unified by the simplicity of web content management.

http://www.jahia.com