wemi message

Subject: Re: [wemi] Groups - Event "WEMI "Restart" Meeting" modified

Hello all,

I just send to the list a quick reminder for the meeting we will have this afternoon so I hope you will be able to join us. I made a small mistake so I think the notification got sent twice.

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.

- -- --- -----=[ shuber at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
CTO & Co-founder - Jahia Solutions Group, 9 Routes de Jeunes, 1227 Acacias, Switzerland

Jahia’s next-generation, open source CMS stems from a widely acknowledged vision
of enterprise application convergence – web, search, document, social and portal –
unified by the simplicity of web content management.

http://www.jahia.com

On 28 août 2013, at 08:55, Serge Huber<shuber@jahia.com> wrote:

Event Title: WEMI "Restart" Meeting

Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2013, 03:00pm to 04:00pm CEST
Location: WebEx conference
Description

Topic: WEMI "Restart"
Date: Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Time: 3:00 pm, Europe Summer Time (Paris, GMT+02:00)
Meeting Number: 705 352 203
Meeting Password: wemioasis

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Go to https://jahia.webex.com/jahia-en/j.php?ED=267428802&UID=1602997267&PW=NNTk2ZjZkYjFj&RT=MiMyMw%3D%3D
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: wemioasis
4. Click "Join".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
https://jahia.webex.com/jahia-en/j.php?ED=267428802&UID=1602997267&PW=NNTk2ZjZkYjFj&ORT=MiMyMw%3D%3D

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll number (UK/EMEA): +44-203-478-5289
Global call-in numbers: https://jahia.webex.com/jahia-en/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=267428802&tollFree=0

Access code:705 352 203

For assistance
1. Go to https://jahia.webex.com/jahia-en/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

To update this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
https://jahia.webex.com/jahia-en/j.php?ED=267428802&UID=1602997267&ICS=UMI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=AAAAAkXP/emE/GyeitWkYnXNtQLkhCVKPbs52/w9MRCfvVRT&RT=MiMyMw%3D%3D

WebEx will automatically setup Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you join a meeting. To save time, you can setup prior to the meeting by clicking this link:
https://jahia.webex.com/jahia-en/meetingcenter/mcsetup.php

The playback of UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files requires appropriate players. To view this type of rich media files in the meeting, please check whether you have the players installed on your computer by going tohttps://jahia.webex.com/jahia-en/systemdiagnosis.php

http://www.webex.com

CCP:+442034785289x705352203#

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

Here is a possible proposed agenda:

1. A quick summary of what has been done so far
2. A presentation of the interesting ideas that came up recently
3. A way forward
4. (Quick) discussion about the competing standards, their overlap with our work, and what that means for WEMI
5. Chair and co-chair elections, as this is required by the OASIS process

Thomas and I have been working on a document that covers point 1 to 4. You can find it here :

Among the competing standards that have been brought to our attention is the following one:
They have also published a draft available here :

There is definitely some overlap with the recent discussions that happened in our own group, so we would like to have a (quick) discussion during the next meeting about how different parties feel about this competition, so please take the time to get familiar with this if you want to get involved in the discussion, so that we don't have to spend too much time in the specific and can focus on deciding how to move forward. Basically it could boil down to:

1. Shutdown WEMI if it is too redundant
2. Get in touch with the competing standards but in order to do that we should at least have some kind of formalized document to present (ie a first draft), and see if there is a way to work together or separately and avoid re-inventing the wheel too much
3. Simply work on our side, and completely ignore this competing standard, at least temporarily.

For the chair and co-chair election, we would like this to possibly be a quick election, so if anybody else want to step up as a candidate I propose that you do so before the next meeting in the mailing list, presenting yourself and explaining why you want to be a chair.

Owner: Serge Huber
Group: OASIS Web Experience Management Interoperability (WEMI) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Referenced Items
edit (no size) 2013-08-12 Download | View Details
<ical_35937.ics>